Praying the Mass Anew
The revised English translation of the Roman Missal was in planning since 2000. It was implemented in the United States on the First Sunday of Advent, 27 November 2011. It contains some of the following:
- Prayers for the observances of recently canonized saints.
- Additional prayers and Liturgies for special needs.
- Updated and revised instructions for the celebration of the Liturgy.
- Updated translations of existing prayers and responses of the people.
The tone of the new translation is less colloquial and more formal than the present one. It is designed to draw us into the sacredness of our liturgy and the awesome splendor of God. More information is available at these Web sites:
- The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Catholic Insight
- The New Roman Missal
- Our Sunday Visitor
The bulletin inserts below, “Praying the Mass Anew” are prepared by the Office of Liturgy of the Diocese of Duluth, 2830 E. 4th St. Duluth, MN, 55812, 218-724-9111, <www.dioceseduluth.org>.