"Pray always. No matter what happens, always be thankful; for this is God's will for you who belong to Jesus Christ" (1 Thessalonians 5:17–18).
Please join in the rich prayer life of our faith community. For more information, contact one of the parish offices.
- CONFIDENTIAL HEALING PRAYER is offered at Guardian Angels Church weekly after Sunday Liturgy and biweekly after Saturday Liturgy. Please prayerfully consider stopping by the prayer room.
- EUCHARISTIC ADORATION:
- At St. Joseph's Church: Daily from 6:00 a.m. until midnight (except during liturgies). Contact Mrs. Sue Waterstraat at <email@example.com> for information, to sign up, and to obtain access to the Chapel of Adoration.
- At Guardian Angels' Church: Thursdays from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Contact Deacon Tony Mercadel at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- MARIAN DEVOTIONS:
- DIVINE MERCY NOVENA is prayed every evening for nine days from Good Friday until the eve of Divine Mercy Sunday. Members close the last night of prayer with a pot-luck supper. Call any church office for informatio.
- OUR LADY OF QUADALUPE NOVENA takes place at Guardian Angels Church on Mondays from 6:30 pm until 7:15 pm. Songs, prayers, Rosary, and the Litany of our Lady are included.
- ROSARY AND ALTAR SOCIETY fosters a devotion to the Mother of God through private and shared recitation of the Rosary. Members also support parish functions and clean the churches on a rotating basis.
- PRAYER CHAIN provides parishioners with a collective power of prayer to bring peace, comfort, and healing to those in need. Members participate through e-mail or phone tree, honoring requests with their personal prayers for your intentions.
- PETITION BOOK: Please write your prayer intentions in our petition book just inside the entrance in Good Shepherd Church. Your intentions are prayed for by the community members who attend the weekday liturgies.
- PRAYER SHAWL MINISTRY combines prayer, fellowship, and compassion with the love of knitting. Many blessings are prayed into each of our shawls. Recipients include the homebound, those in hospitals, and numerous others. Please contact Mrs. MaryEllen Arden at <email@example.com>. Check out both our on-line Community Website and our International Prayer Shawl Ministry Home Page.
- RECITATION OF THE ROSARY happens each Saturday at 3:30 pm at Guardian Angels Church before the 4:00 pm Liturgy.
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS are prayed on Friday evenings during lent at Guardian Angels Church. The Living Stations of the Cross are held there on the evening of Palm Sunday.
- SPIRITUAL EXERCISES OF ST. IGNATIUS: "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:13). Meditate, pray, and reflect on the love and mercy of God. This thirty-week guided individual retreat deepens our experience of God drawing us into the fullness of life. Contact Mrs. Barbara Swiecki at 334-3518 or at <BSwiecki@dor.org>.