Liturgical ministers support the Liturgies at our parish churches through one of the ministries below. Consider prayerfully which ones you might like to serve in. To request training in any of these ministries, contact one of the parish offices. As a volunteer working in any ministry with children and vulnerable elderly people, you would first participate in the Diocese Training for Creating a Safe Environment.
[Present liturgical ministers can access their personal schedules on line through the links at the bottom.]
ALTAR SERVERS are boys, girls, teens, or adults who have received first Eucharist. They assist the priest during Sunday and weekday Liturgies.
EXTRAORDINARY MINISTERS OF HOLY COMMUNION assist the priest in the distribution of Holy Communion to those gathered at mass, to those in hospitals, and to the homebound. Training is provided.
GREETERS welcome all who enter Church for the weekend Liturgies.
- LECTORS proclaim the word of God during Sunday and weekday Liturgies. Training is provided.
- LITURGY COMMITTEE prepares weekend and seasonal liturgies. Members also assist in instruction for the New Roman Missal.
- MUSIC MINISTERS enhance our celebration by leading our praises to the Lord at the weekend Liturgies.
- St Joseph's Church: Traditional choir with organ accompaniment
- The Church of the Good Shepherd:
- 8:30 Mass: Traditional worship choir
- 11:15 Mass: Contemporary Ensemble with voice and instruments
- Guardian Angels Church: Contemporary Ensemble with voice and instruments
- SMC Resurrection Choir for funerals and memorial liturgies.
- Cantors for liturgies and prayer services where there is no choir.
- RHYM Contemporary Music Group of young musicians providing music for special liturgies and events throughout the year.
- SACRISTANS prepare the sanctuary for the celebration of the Eucharist at daily, weekend, and funeral Liturgies.
- TEACHERS OF THE CHILDREN'S LITURGY OF THE WORD conduct the Children's Liturgy by reading and discussing the children's lectionary (in a separate room) with children ages 4 to 11 during part of the Sunday Liturgy at Guardian Angels Church.
- USHERS help in the seating of people and the collection of sacrificial giving during weekend Liturgies.
Click on the links below to access the ministry schedules.
- SCHEDULE OF LITURGICAL MINISTERS
- MY PERSONAL MINISTRY SCHEDULE
- TO ENROLL MYSELF IN THE MINISTRY SCHEDULE